Originally Posted by Kriston
You're certainly as qualified as I am to dispense opinion and conjecture! wink

Maybe so, Kriston, but I swear it never sounds as good as what you say. wink Thanks, though.

And thanks, everyone, for the advice. LMom, I really appreciate all of the links. I'd heard of a few of those and will need to check out the rest. And my husband appreciates the good advice of not buying too much right away. That's advice that I need. How did you know? wink

We did hear back from the school after submitting her scores to them yesterday and they immediately offered to pull her out for at least reading and possibly math. The principal checked with the district and they will only place her in 2nd grade fully if she takes and passes the CBE, which is a 4-part test given over 4 days. Each part has 50 questions and she has to get a 90% on each part (LA, math, social studies, and science). I've heard it's pretty hard to do because of lack of exposure in social studies and science. I just don't think she's up for that testing right now, and I don't think she's that excited about going to 2nd grade. She told me this morning that her friend from carpool told her there were "a lot of fights" in 2nd grade. She says it sounds scary.

So I'm going to continue researching homeschooling and see where that takes us. Thanks again for all of the support. And congratulations to you for what you are giving to your children. It's so exciting to hear how well your kids are doing.

Ruby, pay attention to those stomachaches! They happen in our home for a variety of reasons (doesn't want to go to bed, school, clean room, etc.) but they certainly increased this year.