Originally Posted by kcab
For what it's worth, I got nowhere in that effort when DD11 was in first until I broke down in tears on the phone.

kcab, you just made me feel so much better. I HATE that when I get v. upset or angry, it's like I can only take so much before I cry - it seems weak, to reinforce bad stereotypes about women, etc. And I definitely feel the crying snapping point hovering not far above me, and it tends to make me withdraw and try to make my DH be the point-person on all this, and he's busy. I LOVE the idea that crying might actually help! (well, ok, I HATE getting listened to when I cry and not other times ...I've had that problem with dh in the past!)

I'm going to go try to take a nap and see if I can come at this fresh and decide what to do, if anything, today. I had so little sleep last night, between baby and up in middle of night with dh trying to figure this out. Baby is sleeping, poor ds is doing math on his own, b/c I tried to teach him multiplying multiple digits by multiple digits and apparently confused him to pieces, depressing both of us. I don't understand what he doesn't understand, which makes it pretty hard to correct! My brain is not working well today. I need a shadow-self to take over when this me is worn too down!