Definitely you can call in sick! If you want to keep him home more than a couple of days, though, I think you're going to have to deal with the problem sooner rather than later. I can't imagine waiting a month under those circumstances!

Have you told the psych how bad off your son is? I can't believe she'd want you to wait given what you just told us!

Are you considering homeschooling or are you just looking for a break for him? Homeschooling you can do. Taking him out of school for a month without declaring yourselves homeschoolers is probably going to be a lot more tricky. You would be breaking the law, and if he's out a month, they would investigate, I'd imagine...

I guess I'd recommend giving your DS a mental health day or two and using that time to figure out what you want to do. But it's clear to me that you cannot wait a whole month before you start advocating. This is not a minor issue, it's an urgent problem that needs immediate attention. Honestly, if you're at this point:

Originally Posted by montana
I kind of want to keep him and tell the school he's being seriously harmed by the situation and he won't be coming back until there are enough changes that he can handle being there...

then I think you have to start advocating now. Today. And pretty strongly. I wouldn't recommend going in with what you wrote there, but it does say to me that he needs changes, and you have to ask for them NOW!

Kriston