Late to the party, but I agree first get all the WISC scores. Then try to get as much info as you can about state educational law concerning gifted education and district policies.

Probably best if you can find sources other than your child's teacher/school principal, etc.

Try online searches, all of our district policies are online. I've had luck with the state reps office to get information about how the district defines the state board of ed policy.

And I have heard that some policies state that all kids at such and such level get served, but in reality there are just not enough staff. I've heard that students are numerically ranked and the top certain number are admitted. I've also heard about parents whose kids met those posted "theoretical" number then contacted the district offices to inquire about why their child had not been admitted and guess what........child was then admitted.

It pays to be informed. Are there any programs for parents of kids in the gifted programs? If so, many of them have BTDT and can probably offer a lot in the way of how things work.