Originally Posted by gratified3
separate pull-out whole day programming, or gifted charters, etc. I can work anywhere and likely find a better job than the one offer I have, but my husband would not be likely to find another great job somewhere else and might have to carve out something else.

Jill,
It's good that you spoke to the district. If all kids are gifted, then you are probably correct in your assumption that it's a roadblock of some kind. I remember when I lived in Pittsburgh, there was a general store, with a motto painted on the wall in giant letters,

"If we don't have it, you don't need it!"

It was very cute and nostalgic. For a store. In the middle of 100 other stores. Not in a school system!

Did you get a chance to visit the seperate pull out whole day progaming school? I've just been reading "The joys and challenges of raising a gifted child" by Susan Golant, published in 1991 which is a real "Mom's eye view" of what it was like, and she has some lovely discriptions of the pluses and minuses of full day programs.

How does your husband feel about passing up this job opportunity? What about the homeschooling option?
Best Wishes,
Trinity

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com