Originally Posted by gratified3
I'm not sure which is more pitiful - that I actually want to hold my kids back from their own natural curiosity or that one year of a school system has led me to this state. But being where I am fills me with dread for the future and that's why we're struggling so much with a decision about moving.

Hi Jill,
I know! And a friend of mine, with a Middle Schooler who takes upper level Math at the local University said yesterday: "They say 'don't you care that you are ruining his chances to have a normal freshman year at our presdigious university? Don't you want him to live in a dorm and have a normal experience?' to which she thinks - Hey! I didn't make him this way? Am I supposed to ignore or deny what he is?

So - Even if your baby was doing Calculus righ now, you might still run into people who think that you are loony for wanting him to have a school experience that fits his readiness level.

I find that very interesting.

I'm also chuckling about your "only one year" of school experience. Remember that you, too, most likely went to a bricks and mortar school, and remember what it was like for you, and for other kids who were "at the edges" of things in certian ways. KWIM?

Warm Welcomes,
Trinity

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com