My 2 cents: this first meeting you should let the teacher do most of the talking. That will give you the opportunity to understand whether she understands your son or not. If she does, then ask for a follow-up where you present ideas on keeping him challenged. If she doesn't get him, there's not much point (in my experience) in asking her to differentiate for him. So, then you have to decide what to do next.

As far as ideas for what he can do in class:
- read chapter books (either what you send in or he goes to the library)
- illustrate a 1st grade book
- above level brain teasers
- Puzzlemania or some type of workbook like that
- extra computer time.

I think you open the conversation with the Hi, how are you, how's it working out with DS in your classroom? Then let her talk. You might ask about how he's interacting with the other kids or if he really is listening or how well she thinks he is engaged. Maybe ask about her discipline problems and empathize (oh, yeah, we know how hard it can be to have one that acts up).

THEN, when you've got the measure of the teacher you can plan how to ask for more. Or, you might have to go up a level. I don't mean to be negative. We had a teacher last year who took affront to me asking her about challenging Pud and she just never did get it. Had I realized that at first, I wouldn't have beaten my head on the brick wall so much. She wanted it her way and actually told us "I've been doing this x years and this is the way I'll keep doing it". Had I *really* paid attention at the first meeting, I might have picked up on this. Or maybe not.

So, there's my advice. You get what you pay for! Seriouly, though, good luck. I hope you are successful.