I unschool my DS4. If I were you I would use the time you have in the summer to give it a shot. No loss. I'm a member of this board http://groups.yahoo.com/group/homeschoolingmensans/ and they have all kinds of resources. I have learned that my son knows a LOT more then I ever realized! I'm also amazed how easy it is to homeschool. The biggest problem I have is that I was looking forward to going back to "work", getting out of the house, and earning some additional money for our family.

We have fun and I let his thirst for knowledge guide us. We are currently; growing vegetables and flowers in the dining room, rock candy on the kitchen counter, and making a solar system (styrofoam balls) to put in his bedroom. We watch "The Magic School Bus", "Curious George", "Zaboomafoo" and "Big, Big World" and get ideas. We then get books at the library, plan a field trip, etc. on the subject. I realize that as he gets older we may have to establish some guidelines. Now we just use the world around us.

Take a deep breath! If I can do it I know you can too!!