It doesn't matter if your child tests at gifted or not, all children benefit from the same type of education..which is learn at your own pace type education. I have really had to learn to let go with my children. I have good solid spelling, handwriting, writing, grammar, math programs (because these are the skills, tools, for learning) and now I let them do whatever their hearts desire in the other areas (not video games). The younger I started a child homeschooling, the better they have done. Your child is starting earlier than my oldest two. I gave us the tools, we explore things, we listen to history on tape basically in the car, etc. I do not allow cartoon network and such during the day..just educational shows. They don't have to watch TV, but if they are going to during the day, it must be of some value. When I first started homeschooling, I purchased a complete boxed curriculum. I had textbooks for everything and worksheets and so on. Then I had another baby and then my little ones got older and so on..and I had less and less time to "twach at them." I let loose the ball and chain of a completely filled up curriculum. I recall a teacher in the 6th grade telling me that kids in America were lucky because we had our education handed to us on a silver platter. BUT, gifted children, left to their own devices, and removing the pressure to be "cool" and just like everyone else, seem to really go far. My daughter hated to read when in public school and when following a curriculum. Now that she reads things she picks and on her own, she picks things like the Hobbit. She also is only in Algebra 1 (she is 10 yrs old) but she LOVES looking forward to college level calculus books and Physics books and she actually seems to understand them. She isn't doing this because I have taught her this, she is doing this because she has the time to get curious and pursue her interests. Considering I am very much so type A, I am shocked to find myself able to step back and let things go like this. But it really has turned out very well.