Out of the blue my D22 requested a reference from her doctor for ADHD testing. This was a surprise for us and at first this did not make any sense. She is 2 grades skipped, 4.0, 36 ACT kinda kid. Never any complaints from school, mature, reliable, etc. Before shelling out some insane amount of money we decided to have a talk and what she is saying makes some sense and warrants visit for an assessment. Now here is my concern. If we, her parents, never ever noticed any struggles related to this, it is quite possible she is compensating quite intense for any deficiencies she might have related to ADHD. How would we find doctors to make sure they can account for it. Have anyone dealt with a child who never exhibited any symptoms but actually had ADHD, just covered up/compensated? I started to read on it and looks like it will be really hard to diagnose due to her having no issues (on the surface) related to ADHD. I would appreciate any words of wisdom! I just don’t want misdiagnosed child. If she has ADHD we want it to be addressed this year, before she goes to college…