Originally Posted by Kai
I believe I acknowledged that districts vary.
Yes, you acknowledged that districts vary in saying, "True. But..." which may come across as setting the differences aside (as though negating that the differences among districts matters) when it comes to channels and options for approaching one's district and initiating a request.

Originally Posted by Kai
My point is that assuming there is some sort of conspiracy because someone at the district didn't answer an email is ridiculous.
I tend to agree that a district not answering any one single email does not point to a conspiracy.

Originally Posted by Kai
... it would be best to try a different approach. I merely suggested some approaches that have worked better than email in my district.
Suggesting a different approach, especially one which has worked for you in the past, is great. That sharing of experience is largely why these forums exist.

It is also important to share MY experiences, which are different than yours. The compare/contrast between your experiences with your district and my experiences with my district is not intended to illicit an defensive response from you. Rather, reading of this broad range of norms and experiences may help to manage the OP's expectations.

If their district (like mine) is less open to a "pleasant phone call" and "walking into the district office" than yours is... and if "going through proper channels" consists of their recommendation to utilize the "contact us" form on their website, then hopefully the OP will not take the district's response (or lack of response) personally once they understand that districts operate differently.

Originally Posted by Kai
There would be no harm in trying the things I've suggested, especially if the OP's district is of small or medium size.
School district size may be one factor to consider. Other factors may include the school district's friendliness, sophistication, responsiveness, and whether it is highly insular or tends to be compliant. There is no harm in trying these approaches as long as the OP manages their expectations that different approaches work (or don't work) with different districts.