Is it correct to assume that you have a higher IQ than someone else if you think that you could have accomplished a lot more in school if you had the resources and the supporting environment?

I don't know what to believe. I lived with a toxic, lazy father and a mother who works as a nail technician and as a nail salon owner. I feel that I inherited my father's indolence, and now I feel like garbage because there are many people around my age who have accomplished a lot more like IMO/ISEF/IOI winners. I wasted my time playing video games all day though I did get pretty good at the age of 11 at a Star Wars multiplayer game named Star Wars: Jedi Knight Jedi Academy which is difficult to master due to the fact that you have to time your attacks on your opponent. You can look up the game if you want. I was in a clan at the time between the ages of 11-12, and I left due to the hate that I was receiving from everyone. I was an annoying brat, and I still get called that today.

The game that the people whom I envy played is Minecraft. I don't know the other games they played, but I feel that they are of the type that requires creativity.

So yes, FML. My mother used to give me math books to do as homework, but I kept feeling that homework was boring so I hardly did them. Maybe I got that ideology from my mediocre elementary school and the shows and books that I had been viewing, but I feel that anyone gifted would have gone against that ideology on his/her own and embrace the benefits of homework.

Maybe the people whom I envy was forced by their parents to do the homework? They most likely lived in households that encouraged thinking and had no fighting unlike mine. I don't understand how people like Luke Robitaille, the IMO gold medalist whom I think has an IQ of 145-150, had more of a proclivity for mathematics and other subjects that require intense thought while I was merely mediocre who only cared for fun and video games.

Last edited by HighIQ; 03/14/21 05:56 PM.