Originally Posted by Trinity
LOL KaT,
I think you should call the school and read to them what you wrote to us - Right Now. Then let us know what they said! Who to call? Can you reach the psychologist who sat down with you? Someone from the highly gifted program?

This isn't a character issue, this is a "fit" problem. Get it straightend out now (I mean the teacher not your kid) before it becomes one, ok?

Smile and Wink,
Trin

His teacher told us the story about my son's "leadership role" while we were at the meeting, and everyone else laughed (?!) while I groaned. Don't know why?! Maybe they thought it was cute that he "has a system all worked out" and didn't think it a problem?! I knew something was up (funny how we know our kids soo well) when he brought home a leprechaun cutout and it was done so neatly, and the coloring was all even and not outside the lines, and I said, "Wow, this looks great, did you do this?", and he hesitated before saying, "Yes, but a few people helped out." I didn't think anything of it till a few days later we all met for the HG meeting and his teacher recounted some of his activities for us.

Anne - his teacher already tried the "beat the clock" timer approach, and it worked for awhile, but still a hit or miss, he does stuff (or rather doesn't do them) when he feels like it. It takes him hours to complete a coloring or tracing or scissors assignment in class that would take the other children 10 minutes to finish.