Hi Kat,
Who "were" you? I can't find your old posts on the link.

But "whoever you are" (wink) -
Congradulations on your son's identification. I hope the school program is a good fit for him. I would ask if they could give you a heads up on what kinds of scores the other kids in the program got. Even if they only share qualifing information with you, that tells you a lot because there tend to be a majority of kids clustered near the cutoff, because that the bigest population. Has there even ever been a kid in their program with IQ scores like your child. Is 10% within 10 points of your child? This will give you some indication of how much "coasting" you might be able to do.

You've noticed that there are no standardised definitions of Highly Gifted, Profoundly, Exceptionally - but people do use the "standard deviation" designations as a kind of short hand.

Truth be told, there isn't a standard definition of Gifted...for some it's about the child's achievements, for some it's about potential. I tend to think of it as a cluster of developmental differences that may (or may not) require special teaching and parenting techniques.

I was wondering if you have applied to the Davidson Young Scholar Program...Good luck if you do.

Love and More Love,
Trinity

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com