I can't speak to your part of the world, but in mine, updated cognitive (IQ) testing is routinely required to access certain accommodations for university entrance exams and post-secondary education in general. In fact, some post-secondary institutions (though not the SATs or ACTs) require testing with an adult instrument (aka, the WAIS or SB, or in some cases the WJ), which means that even if one has recent testing, one may need to find a way to obtain new testing with a different instrument in order to access accommodations at the university level.

BTW, that's yet another level of observing score stability through the developmental years: WPPSI to WISC to WAIS. The principal observations I've noted (anecdotally, of course) are that children who score in the upper extreme see their scores flattened (naturally) due to the absence of extended norms on the WAIS, which effectively lowers the ceiling. Learners with learning disabilities that affect access to text often see score depression in the verbal indices, often with increased diversity of performance within the VCI (e.g., differential impact of reading delays on fact-weighted vs reasoning-weighted verbal tasks). Certain kinds of 2e learners sometimes see their scores rise, as they learn how to play the testing game (e.g., often GT/ASD learners).

And then, of course, the actual task composition is somewhat different on all three tests, which doesn't affect most students much, but does sometimes affect learners with low-frequency profiles.

...pronounced like the long vowel and first letter of the alphabet...