“The second child had scores go up quite substantially between approximately 9 & 12yrs (10 points on FSIQ, despite their weak WM remaining completely stable, FSIQ moving from MG to solidly HG). The psychologist did attribute some of this increase to successful remediation of other Es but was also completely fascinated and talked to me at some length about how unusual it was to see a rise of that magnitude between ages of 9 & 12. That mostly you would only see scores decline or remain stable, given that it gets harder to score very highly as you get older. The psychologist suddenly became quite keen to test the middle child in another few years.

In the end I have concluded that the WISC is very useful in proving their disabilities and the SBV far more useful in proving their gifts, but is no longer accepted here... And I would approach any future testing with no idea what to expect.”

If your second/middle child is 12+, would it really be worthwhile to retest in another few years if it’s true that it’s harder to score very highly as one gets older? Testing is quite expensive as I’m sure you’ve realised.

Glad the WISC and SBV were useful in different ways for your kids.

Last edited by Eagle Mum; 06/23/20 02:17 AM.