Originally Posted by Eagle Mum
To my lay understanding, IQ is largely about potential and so assessment is more relevant early in the education journey. I am surprised that another IQ assessment may be applicable for end of high school exam provisions, especially if the student has already had more than one IQ assessment.

From your posts in other threads, I see that you are exploring a wide range of avenues to support your kids to develop their potential. I hope these achieve success and obviate the need for further IQ assessments.

I imagine that not all types of special provisions require a full educational assessment (ie extra rest breaks for a physical health condition). But the issues my children have do require this. And if you get the timing wrong you can be required to produce ANOTHER one for university provisions! It varies from state to state exactly what the rules are. But in general the IQ test is required as part of a full psychologist educational assessment, either to prove the disability, or depending on the nature of the issue, to highlight at least normal IQ and the underachievement that would be caused by lack of provisions. Some provisions specifically require proof that there is a normal (or above) IQ and that the problem is not potential related, because IQ itself is not grounds for certain kinds of provision (ie you might be allowed extra reading time for dyslexia, but NOT for low IQ).