I would introduce the keyboard and see how your kid does. If it just becomes another source of stress and frustration, you may want to put it aside for a bit.

My DD is in high school now. She was diagnosed as dyslexic and dysgrahic in 2nd grade. Like everyone else here, it has been a crazy, bumpy ride. Now, she uses her computer for homework almost exclusively but she prefers to take notes and do in-class essays and tests by hand. Her handwriting is tiny. I know that some of her teachers have begged her to write bigger because it is so small that it is hard to read. I've tried to convince her to use her keyboard accomodation instead of writing by hand but she says it doesn't work for her.

We started trying her on keyboarding in 3rd grade. In the summer between 3rd and 4th grade, we sent her to a keyboarding class for kids with LDs that was recommended by the psychologist who diagnosed her as dyslexic and dysgraphic. She already played piano so we thought that the keyboarding class could be a game changer for her. The typing class was a big set back. In retrospect, they put too much emphasis on computer typing games that had a timed component. This is a kid who struggled with automaticity and keyboarding was no different than any other task that she needed to learn. We also tried the BBC typing program. That stressed her out too. I wonder if it was just too difficult for her to process the letters quickly enough to type them. Despite our best efforts, her computer did not become a successful tool for her until middle school.