Hello,

Thank you so much for your replies, they are very relevant. It is interesting that you mentioned NVLD as it has been something that I thought about. How ever what threw me off that was that I read it was usually associated with good auditory memory, the opposite in D�s case, but as you mentioned not much reasearch in the area. I don�t find her particularly rigid or rule bound and I actually think she has very good social perception. She understands humour and sarcasm and would go as far to say she relishes a witty conversation.

She does however have issues with emotional regulation and in the last year has been having quite a few angry outbursts and this is usually a result of her trying to push the boundaries at home, so possibly some oppositional behaviour. She is very sensitive to criticism and I actually think she is perfectionist and I think all this school is rubbish and boring talk is actually a cover as I think she probably cares very much about school but is frustrated that she can�t perform at the level she wants to.

Interestingly for about a year math has been a source of frustration for her and this is when I started to see a change in her behaviour. At the beginning of last year she became very stressed about math saying she was rubbish at it etc. When I talked to the teacher she said she did it notice any issue with maths and thought it was a confidence issue so moved her down a math group to boost confidence. My D was deveatated by this, said it was the most embarrassing thing to happen in her life but refused to let me talk to the teacher about it as she didn�t want to hurt her feelings. As mentioned this could be related to working memory weakness but I have also read it�s usually the first subject you see issues with in NVLD.

I guess my plan is to see how vision therapy goes. It does appear that it can make a significant difference to IQ scores and may be enough to level things of enough to reduce some of the frustration. I am then thinking it may be a good idea to get a full Neuropsych evaluation to rule out or confirm other difficulties also!