Originally Posted by ChrystieATL
My son is currently 14yo and will graduate high school this year.

My question is has anybody else sent a 14yr/15yr old to college? How was the social stuff navigated? The kids have always been kind and welcoming to him but there is literally a 5-6 year age gap.

Hello from NJ :))

My daughter, 14yo, has been attending college since Sept'18.

She skipped HS, and based on her academic achievements, she was admitted to college where she has straight As.

She is a FT student (15 credits this semester) and she cannot be happier. And if she is happy, we are happy.

She obtained a perfect ACT score when she was 13, won several math competitions, passed AATG levels 1,2,3 and 4 & DSD exams (German language) and DELF 2 (French proficiency exam). She also speaks Polish and Spanish fluently. A congratulations letter from the White House (describing my child's ACT achievement), signed by Ivanka Trump was a big surprise and huge help when we spoke with the college advisor.

She still attends German school once a week, plays tennis and meets her friends as often as she can.

Why am I writing about it? Because I had so many questions and concerns before we decided to skip HS - the main one was about her social/mental fit, about age gap, new friends who drive cars and losing old ones who have been friends for years. Thankfully she is doing just fine - her new peers are great, she meets her German/tennis friends once a week - so far so good smile

Last edited by GAW; 02/05/19 06:55 AM.