JCKDW, thank you for sharing. It's good to hear from others with similar experience. And now that I think about it, I know a family with at least three gifted children, and the most gifted of them is also their most chill. I agree with you that we should probably see how next year goes. I know there will be an adjustment period, as he is accustomed to everything at school being easy. I've been told that the first couple of months in the gifted program can be rough for some, when they are truly pushed for the first time and panic a little. He's the kind of kid the program is designed for (it likely still doesn't give enough acceleration for the highly gifted kids, but is just right for the moderates) so he deserves a chance to be in an appropriate school environment before we do anything major. In the meantime, he is seeing the psychologist who did his testing every couple of weeks to talk through things that are bothering him and learn coping strategies for some of his anxiety, and I think that is our middle ground for now. Thanks again for taking the time to share.