I guess that is what I am looking for...is it possible for a child to be moderately gifted in terms of IQ but more like a highly gifted child in terms of behavior? And if that's possible, and if I even find that it's somewhat common after hearing from other parents, that gives me more to process when we're dealing with this particular child.

My older child was tested at the same time, and underperformed because as it turns out, he struggles with anxiety and ADHD Inattentive Type. He refused to even attempt to figure out questions he might struggle with because effort is so exhausting for him. His high and his low on subtests were 98th and 50th (processing speed being the low). Even so, even if we assume his actual IQ is higher than his score, he would likely not be considered gifted in the overall sense. But he did have two subtest scores that fell in the gifted range (both were Verbal batteries), he began reading at 3/4 years old, was fluent by 5, and he has always performed in the gifted range academically on school testing for reading/ELA. So he is bright, but more specific-area gifted, if gifted at all. My point here is that even that child, who has a narrowly defined "gift" so to speak, has OEs that are noticeable. He hears sounds sometimes, like lights buzzing or bird repellents zapping, that the rest of us can't hear without specifically trying, but they are unbearable to him. He has never been able to tolerate flash photography because the lights bother his eyes, he was unable to complete the kindergarten eye exam because he could not hold his eyes open long enough with the lights they were using (the doctors have always said this was odd and usually happens more with blue-eyed people; his are brown). He can be drawn deeply into pieces of music and has been known to leave places like water parks as an 11-year-old to make sure he was back to the hotel room in time to watch the sunset. He cannot tolerate certain food textures; they literally make him gag, still. Will only wear one type of socks, like his brother. His OEs in this one area are just as pronounced as most of my other child's OEs, and his giftedness lies only in one area. I suppose I should be looking more at my own household for further evidence that nothing is cut and dry here, right?