It seems that my last message got lost, so here it goes again.

Thank you very much for your reply, Platypus, it was very helpful. I am not sure whether your comment about children being flat may apply to DS. He’s friendly and cheerful, but he certainly doesn’t have the zest for learning that he had before entering school.

Still, as he seems reasonably happy and feels accepted by the other children I’ll just keep watching and won’t mess with it, at least for a while.

There is a chance that he will be in a mixed-age classroom next year, together with children two or three years older, so I suppose the teacher could just encourage him to work with the older children in some areas while keeping the same friends and environment.

Maths is one area of concern as they seem to be one of his strengths – I guess this might be normal for GT children, but he just figures out math concepts without previous explanation or exposure.

Anyway, this message was mainly to express my gratitude to the members of this wonderful community for all the help you provide to those of us who are still beginning this journey.

Last edited by Isabel; 04/23/18 01:37 PM.