Hi, I posted a message in the Identification forum some days ago (which Aeh kindly answered)regarding DS5, who has recently been identified as gifted. The idea that he might be gifted has been lurking in my mind since he was about two, but now that it has been confirmed it all feels very unreal and I don�t really know what to do about it, so I would really appreciate some insights or suggestions.

Background information: DS5 results were FSIQ 131, GAI 149, with relatively low WM and PS. My initial plan was to have him tested (IQ tests are quite inexpensive where I live), put the results in a drawer and use them only as a tool if he developed any problems, but I am now wondering whether I should do more than this.

Currently, DS5:
-Doesn�t really �look� gifted, apart from some occasional glimpses of high ability, so I don�t expect his teachers are aware of his potential.
-Is very social and doesn�t want to be different from his friends, even if this means hiding what he is capable of.
-Has huge meltdowns when frustrated and easily gets angry.
-Says he�s smart, but not very smart, because he doesn�t know all the answers.
-Tends to say he cant�t do difficult things without even trying (usually says �I can�t do it, you tell me�, then I say he has to try before I tell him and he often does it right).
-Is quite happy about his play-based school, but doesn�t seem to be learning much. I think he basically likes it because he gets to play with his friends. His teacher says he is fine and enjoys the activities he proposes, which is a doubled edged sword because it is not easy to advocate for a child who seems happy and doesn�t complain.
-Doesn�t seem to have many interests. He likes Lego sets, but only wants to build them following the instructions and doesn�t want to play with them alone.

We don�t live in the US, so we have no access to DYS or any GT programs, and there are no GT schools where we live. Gifted children are placed in standard schools and can get either enrichment within their grade or acceleration. I am already working on finding an intellectual peer group for him and we are planning to join the local GT Association, but I don�t know what else to do.

Any book you can recommend? Any suggestions? I have been reading through the forum, but I am new to this and I don�t even know where to begin.
Thank you very much for your help!