Originally Posted by readermom123
CNM, thanks for the info. Wow, some good ideas. Do you have your son correct his homework if it's incorrect? I've just been leaving it because it's the end of the day and he tends to be a little melty at that time, but maybe I should push him to make corrections. I hope the full IQ testing gives good information for your son.

His teacher rarely gives homework beyond reading. For classwork, she tries to remind him at the start and check in with him several times during the assignment to make sure he's leaving spaces between words, using punctuation, and to give him feedback about capitalization. When he is writing something at home, I try to sit with him and catch his mistakes as they happen, so it's not a huge overwhelming "do it all again" kind of thing when he thinks he's done. I'm sure you could do that with spelling and letter reversals if those are the main issues your boy is having. It does take a lot of time though.

Someone on his IEP team suggested making him a checklist of the things he struggles with the most and have him self evaluate after every assignment. I think we may try that next year after we've built the skills a little more (hopefully).

Last edited by Cnm; 03/23/18 01:57 PM.