Originally Posted by readermom123
Aquinas, thanks so much for your input. I think I'll try to get AAS for our summer work for sure.

My son works on handwriting at school quite a bit. They went through handwriting without tears both last year and this year and he's still getting handwriting worksheets (not sure if the whole class does these or just a few kids). Last summer I spent a while working with him on handwriting. So it's definitely not an easy thing for him. However, he definitely wasn't into crafts or drawing before he started school, and still isn't into it. He writes a little bit around the house but it's mostly making flags for play dough roads or labeling pieces of tape on his hot wheel tracks. He definitely has made some major improvements this year but it's clearly not as easy for him as reading or other school skills.

I do agree that my son is lucky to have this teacher. His whole school is quite nice actually. Lots of sweet supportive teachers with good information, etc.

Understood. Personally, from what you've written, I'd explore the dysgraphia hypothesis further. In my DS' situation, it was a question of lack of exposure and practice stifling output, not physical capacity to execute the task.

What is to give light must endure burning.