Thank you!! Yes, I did forget her processing speed subtests. Coding was a 10 and symbol search was a 13. Speed is not her thing.

I did not think it was likely she'd meet DYS criteria. She was provisionally diagnosed with mild ADHD. While doing controlled tests at the psychologists office for attention, she scored normally. But the questionnaire my husband, her teacher and I filled out looked like inattentive type ADHD. I don't know what to make of it.

I'm not sure how to advocate for her. I don't know what the GT pullout looks like at her school. I do suspect that it is high achievers. Whether or not they meet a certain GAI, I don't know. The response I'm getting from the school is something like.... It doesn't matter what the tests show, if we don't see evidence of advanced abilities in the classroom then the kid is not going to the GT room.

Truthfully, I don't even care if they call her gifted or not. She's so anxious all the time. She's increasingly frustrated with school. It's hard to watch this, as her mom, and not know how to help. In a way, the WISC results were difficult to hear... I thought I had an ADHD kid. She looks and acts like one. Knowing that she is so intellectually capable, and still watching her struggle, is heartbreaking.

Are there any support organizations out there for kids like mine? Above 99th percentile, but maybe not all the way to Davidson's 99.9 requirement?