Originally Posted by Kai
Skipping one grade was not an issue--nobody really noticed. But once my son had skipped two grades, there were definitely uncomfortable reactions with people who knew how old he was, especially those who had kids the same age.

It's only really people with kids the same age who have been offended by DS. That nasty first grade teacher of his--also had a 1st grade son (in fact, her kid was in DS's class in 2nd grade so we still get to see that teacher from now until graduation... yay...). Only he's a year older than my DS. Putting him in her class was a mistake from day 1.

If not for executive function, I would have my DD skipped a grade or 2 in a heartbeat. She's very very 2E, though. But people already assume she's maybe in 4th, when she's in 6th. Would it really be much worse to actually be in 7th or 8th? *shrug* We're doing math online this year and if I can find a class, also composition. If I can't find a good online class this year, maybe english 101 at the community college next year.