I might possibly be parenting a child whose cognitive abilities are higher than my own. Her father is a former "wonder child" but aging and parenthood have taken its toll. wink We are doing ok despite our shortcomings.

IMHO, parenting is a lot about teaching children to be a good person and sharing what you have learned based on your life experiences. Harry Potter series actually has been a good teaching tool for us because she can be a lot like Hermione.

Anyhow, DD was tested during private GT K admission process. She did very well. Back then, she was super smart. A traditional K classroom would have been a disaster so I still think we made the right choice. Going forward, I am not really sure if her current school is still the right fit for her.

She continues to read a lot and is a wickedly funny writer. She is endlessly facinated by science. While she is no longer obsessed by numbers, math is a favorite hobby. It's just that nothing comes close to how much music means to her. She is definitely challenged technically, musically, mentally, and intellectually. We struggled to find a good balance for awhile when she was involved in too many performances but we are in a good place now and DD seems both happy and relaxed. smile