Thanks so much for the welcome, Portia! The "rage to learn" certainly does seem to describe him. One of the best things about parenting a child like this, for me, has been having him inspire my own curiosity. I'm glad I get to help "feed the rage."

I don't know yet what our local community will be like in terms of resources and support. Some of my nerves have to do with starting kindergarten in 2018. He learned the entire math/reading K curriculum by the time he was 3.5, just by playing and having a big sister. He'll enter K reading at least like a 3rd grader (assuming very little more reading growth in the next year - not likely, given the pace he's been going). Our school district does have very explicitly laid out procedures for identifying and supporting gifted children, so I'm hopeful there. These programs are also the source of a fair amount of tension and jealousy over who gets in and who doesn't. So, having a safe option for social support, on this board, may be very important going forward.

Anyway, thanks again for the welcome.