Thank you for your reply, aeh, it is very helpful.

Originally Posted by aeh
3. FR: The increase in this composite is much more interesting, and may reflect maturity/increased testability, meds taking the edge off of inattention/impulsivity (even if not at the optimal dosage), etc.
[/b] I also think that DS performs well when he's interested and does not when he's not. He usually does worse on "easy" stuff because it's boring, but does better when he is challenged. I've wondered if he just didn't give a toot last time:/.

Any functional concerns with speed/volume of written output or work completion?
[b]
Yes, his writing is laborious. If he writes legibly, it takes a very long time and requires a great deal of effort on his part.

5. WM: I'd be interested in how he did on the three components of DS on the respective administrations, especially given the score for LNS.
[b][/b] I think DS means digit span and LNS is letter-number sequencing - I only have the scale scores for each, unfortunately. What might those components point to?

Unfortunately, I've since realized that the school will probably not accept the GAI and his FSIQ is considerably lowered due to the processing speed. He could qualify for acceleration for reading/language only in our area, based on verbal aptitude and reading achievement scores. His verbal aptitude is clearly high enough, but his reading achievement scores may not be. They need to be above the 86th percentile, and while he scored at the 91st for reading, 93rd for reading comprehension, he only scored at the 85th for broad reading because his fluency pulled it down (according to the tester this was partly due to the fact that he found the sentences funny and spent time chuckling to himself).