Good meeting at the school!! But let me back up: I read all your comments above (big thank you!!!), and our DYS adviser had a few options. One was related to what Platypus said - get DD's buy in and have her write a letter for the meeting. I explained to DD that I would like to hear what she thought did and did not work at school.DD moaned and groaned "Whyyyyyy" and after a time of that we got down to business. I listed many accommodations kids use at school, and DD either muttered "ok" or "NO!" I then had a document to present to the school. I told DD she probably would be asked to come by the guidance counselor, and DD insisted she would not talk at the meeting.Well, at least she had come up with a plan.

So, the meeting went well. We got everything we asked for which wasn't much but very important! Emailing homework to school (a back up if she forgets to turn it in) and teachers posting the homework sheets online. Some teachers already do that but not consistently. One teacher told her to take pictures of the work sheets which is a great idea except that means DD needs to remember to take a picture of the sheet so it probably won't happen. This should take care of DD's problems!! She does fine in class and on tests - it's just that dratted black hole between school and home!! I will add that DD was horrible at the meeting. Bad attitude. She acts like a cornered cat. She does not understand yet that people are there to help - not make her life miserable.

aeh - great book!!! Thank you!! I will pass the name to others as well.