Thanks for these additional thoughts and suggestions. It’s helpful to hear about others’ experiences.

DD is working on a 2nd grade common core curriculum, Ellemenope, where the main focus has been on learning to add and subtract double digit numbers. DD isn't a mathy kid, but she could do that in K. So, it’s an awkward fit. DD is under-challenged conceptually, but still needs to practice those basic operations. Kids in her class are offered enrichment work only after they’ve finished their regular classwork. DD never gets a chance to work on harder math because she’s slow. She’s bored and frustrated and sees that her peers are grasping it more easily than she is. She has started asking me for harder math and asked to work on LOF over the summer. I can test how things go when DD is offered more advanced tasks and concepts -- alongside her basic fact practice. I totally agree, Blackcat, that it’s too early to give up work on basic math fact fluency.

Reflex Math looks interesting, Stemfun. Thanks for the rec. I’ll have DD give the free trial a whirl this weekend. If she finds it engaging, it would be a nice break from other forms of practice and well worth trying.