My DD8 had a private neuropsych. evaluation last year when she was in 1st grade (7 year, 1 month old). Her WISC-V scores were very uneven. Generally speaking, the evaluator characterized DD as having areas of relative weakness not amounting to deficits. This conclusion was based in part on the fact that DD’s WISC-V subtest scores generally averaged out to be no lower than “High Average.” In her report, the evaluator did note that DD was slow to produce written output; that her retrieval of information is not exceptional; that she does not appear to enjoy tasks in which she must shift sets quickly; and that she could be inefficient/methodical-to-a-fault in problem solving.

I’m hoping that folks on this forum would be willing to give DD’s test results a second look to see if the patterns of highs and lows are suggestive of a learning challenge or deficit. Is there additional testing you feel would be valuable? We are seeing DD’s neurologist in a few weeks and it would be a great time to reopen the conversation.

IRL, DD has weak fine motor and handwriting skills, weak executive function skills, and is fairly inflexible in her problem solving approach. Despite having 99th% MAP scores, DD struggles with basic addition and subtraction facts. On math worksheets (but not language arts), she regularly skips/misses problems or performs the wrong operation (adds instead of subtracts, for example). She also seems to struggle with visual-spatial tasks. She has always refused to do jigsaw puzzles. The few times we’ve done them she doesn’t seem to “see” the relationships between the shapes or colors on the pieces. She rarely played with blocks when she was younger, and when she did her buildings were never straight lines and they were always one story tall. She never built up. She struggled to learn which way b&d face in first grade. She seems to have learned that now but still asks me from time to time. When she writes long paragraphs on lined or graph paper, they are not justified to the left margin. They start out that way but each line indents just a little further to the right so they end up looking like inverted pyramids.

If it’s helpful, I’d also mention that DD has Tourette’s and a history of anxiety and sensory integration difficulties, although I do not feel that these are significantly impacting her current functioning or that they impacted her testing results.

Thanks very much in advance for any thoughts.

Last edited by Gus; 04/02/17 06:03 AM. Reason: Removed test scores from post