Hello. This is a great form and I appreciate any feedback on my 6 year old first grade son.

His math MAP is 232, reading MAP is 220, Lexlie range is 627-777L, and percentile ranges are 99-99-99.

He is in the advanced first grade class at our public school. It�s a great public school in our area. This public school starts the gifted program on-site in 3rd grade. He loves school, his friends, plays lots of sports, but has asked if he can do more/different math because the class math is �too easy.� He reads high level books for his age quickly on his own, unprompted nightly. He is especially adept at putting complex models together designed for much older children, doing complex math problems in his head and and is already writing stories on his own, usually about countries as he's already traveled quite a bit for his age.

Our family does not know much about standardized test ranges and have a few questions:

- is my son gifted?
- if so, what can we do to challenge him? We�re not interested in grade skips, but want his classroom time to be rewarding
- at what age should a parent administer an IQ test and what is the best test? If the IQ tests come back gifted, then what do we do?
- Any recommendations for a supplemental at-home math curriculum? I�m not too impressed with https://www.khanacademy.org/math but we fool around with it.
- Are there any online games/tutorials to challenge him? I�d like to give him something to do for a half hour to an hour a day, math strategy games and puzzles preferred.

Thanks for any advice, resources, or information.

Last edited by yearzero; 03/02/17 02:04 PM.