I wanted to add.. The blowing up thing. My son used to do this ALL THE TIME. It was a huge issue when he was 8-12. This is one of the area's where I think maturity makes a huge difference. He's in H.S. and now and I could never imagine him doing this. He's somehow learned to control this and I haven't seen him blow up like this in years. By H.S. this wasn't a problem at all.

It's tough being a gifted kid, particularly a introverted gifted one. Adults are constantly interrupting and want you to do anything but what's fun and interesting to you. Watch your kid and figure out when he's blowing up. I found the best solution to this problem was making sure he was in the loop and knew what the plans were for the day, gave him lots of notice as to when he needed to switch gears. Particularly very engrossing ones like computer games.

It became unacceptable in my house to throw a fit. But I also learned to read & understand what his frustrations were. We made plans I would give him warnings on when he needed to change activities. And yes... I don't need to do that now.

Good Luck.