Thought I'd drop in an update on our situation. MrWiggly tested out of 4th grade math with 28/30 correct on the curriculum based pretest they gave all students. So yesterday he was given the 5th grade test and scored a 66%. Respectabble score, I think, since he should be in 2nd grade!

So, today Mrs. Math was going to have him start in her room with his own desk set up near her and a 5th grade textbook ready to start in on. She is prepared to let him move forward as he shows mastery and has no problem taking him through as many years of curriculum as he can handle. Yipee!! MrWiggly was again beside himself and bounded out the door to catch the bus. He said he hopes he is NEVER bored in math again. I do, too! smile

Now, the 3rd grade isn't showing much promise (his placement for all other subjects) but that would be the start of another thread. I'll give it a couple of weeks for review, warm-up, getting to know the students or whatever the teacher is doing before I raise a ruckus about that stuff! Thankfully the principal has already said that we will be meeting in 4-6 weeks to go over all the other subjects. Can hardly wait for that meeting!