We are trying to get d.a.p.e. for Mite. We'd also like to get OT for the bilateral coordination issues since it obviously interferes with his ability to learn...ie distracts his concentration since he's constantly shifting his balance wherever he sits. Of course, the IEP team says he doesn't need OT as it doesn't interfere with learning and that educational OT is different from the medical OT. He really needs some help in that area. While he is writing, his posture starts to get severely slumped. When I've watched through the classroom door (which opens to a pod where parents can sit and wait), I'll see him put his hand to his back and push it up!!!! He's really struggling in that and it is specific to writing and reading. He CANNOT DO BOTH AT THE SAME TIME...sit and write or sit and read!!

You know they really don't know how to service him PERIOD. We are looking at other options Trinity. In the meantime, we fight the battle...just in case.

I guess I will ask them for an IEE for OT and an IEE for neuropsychology.

Do I just point blank ask them if they accept the findings of the private OT eval and neuroeval that we had done?

I do, btw, tape record all IEP meetings.

Willa Gayle