In my state, if you have a school evaluation, and a private evalutation, that the school doesn't accept, then the school pays for a third evaluation...or something like that.

Our school sent us for a private evaluation, and then didn't accept the diagnosis he gave. This is not suprising since there isn't anything wrong with my son. They were on the edge of admitting that since there wasn't any special education need, then maybe they had to change the way they were providing education to him - since there was still plenty of "cries for help." Then - like the old Saturday night live clips - the district came by and said: "Nahhhhhhh."

I felt that I couldn't afford to waste my son's days and watch his attitude toward learning and life go down the old (fill in blank.)

Even though I had a lot of fears about private schools, it's turning out to be better than I could have hoped for. I'm even turning into one of those people who believes that a good private school just plain provides a better educational product than our good local public schools - although again, that doesn't mean that every school will be better for every student, at every moment of their lives.

Love and More Love,
Trinity

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com