Where is the advocate from? How much longer does the advocate think you should wait before you consider due process for failure to comply with the IEP? I think you should at least consult with an attorney who specializes in special education law. Most if not all of the ones I know in the Chicago area will meet with you once on consult at no charge.

I also don't think there is anything wrong with letting the school know, politely but firmly, that you will not tolerate your son's needs being ignored and that this will be addressed before the end of the year - so that there is no repeat of it next year.

As far as the evaluations go, the team could, in theory, discount any findings that any evaluation reveals. But typically that wouldn't happen if it was the evaluation they provided. The school does NOT have to recognize or respond to any private evaluations. And, at least in IL, if they DO use the private evaluation to determince needs then you can actually try to get them to cover the cost you incurred for the private testing. Getting it is another story. Most parents don't seek the reimbursement, as they just want the school services for their child.

If you have private evals that show something different from the school evals, then that would be an issue for due process in terms of the school explaining to a judge WHY they ignored or discounted that finding/evaluation.

I'm so sorry for the uphill battle you have to fight. Wish I could attend the meetings with you just to lend moral support. Know that I am there in spirit!