Hey there, Willa. What other post? I think I missed something!! I'm so sorry. I had no idea you were having difficulty with the team. About Mite, I assume?

Glad to hear that you have an advocate - that sounds like a good thing(?). I'm afraid you'll have to post a little more info here or refer me to the other post so I can get caught up! Sorry.

Anyway, as far as what evaluations might come out of an IEP review, you can request whatever type of evaluations are appropriate based on the what the needs are that are identified by the team (which includes you and Mite). I have had a hard but not impossible time getting a school to provide a neuropsych evaluation mainly because the school will not likely have a neuropsych on staff to do the eval, which means added cost for them to cover it, as well as the hassle of finding a qualified person.

If you go to the team with the name and number of a qualified neuropsych and demonstrate need for this due to the specific concerns and needs related to the child, then they really should be "convinced" to provide it.

You, or anyone on the team, should be able to request any type of evaluation that is needed. It's a different matter in actually getting it done! But not impossible!!