As part of DD's 3-year IEP re-evaluation, I asked the new school psych to do academic testing because the school has really done nothing to determine where DD's working at. DD is a PG 5th grader with HFA, and she's in a hicap classroom that isn't super exclusive -- our hicap program is the top 5-7% and is very project-based.

So I get these scores back from the school psych and they're kind of all over the place. He did both the KTEA (one paper says it's KTEA-II and one says KTEA-3) and some of the WIAT-III.

My thought on this is that it's telling me that her ability is really high, but she's not getting enough of a workout in the classroom. But maybe I'm wrong?

KTEA-II:

Subtest Score %ile
Letter & Word Recognition 115 84
Reading Comprehension 154 >99.9
Written Expression ** 104 61
Math Concepts & Applications 133 99
Math Computation 149 99.9

Academic Fluency 134 99
Reading Fluency 139 99.5
Silent Reading Fluency 140 99.6
Word Recognition Fluency 123 94
Decoding Fluency 137 99
Writing Fluency 124 95
Math Fluency 117 87

WIAT III (given one week later)

Subtest Std Score %ile
Word Reading 125 95
Math Fluency 122 93
Math Fluency-Addition 121 92
Math Fluency-Subtraction 125 95
Math Fluency-Multiplication 112 79

** For the low Written Expression part the tester seemed to say the written response had all the parts required but it contained "a deviation form the logical flow where she added content that was derived from the story but not actually in the story that disrupted the logical flow of the narrative" -- this sounds like something she got dinged on? I guess? (FWIW she complained earlier this year that her friends in other classes were writing "7 paragraph essays" but her class never seems to do any sort of formal lessons of that nature.)