We have the "modern learning environment" (it has a new similar name now but I have forgotten it). It works well if for gifted kids IF they have good EF, are self starting and motivated, work well with visual input (though it is you tube or khan academy not a learning platform), can handle noise and are not easily distracted. This seems to be a minority of HG kids but I suspect MG and bright kids do well but bright kids usually do and MG often do with some modufications. Ds9's teacher's stock answer to any question is "i don't know, google it" but since ds9 is fairly sure he must know at least some of the time he now mistrusts me when i genuinely don't know. I think 9 and 10 is too young and if it weren't for the fact most parents can afford tutoring this would be obvious but that is only my feeling. I changes ds7 to another school first term and ds9 is changing next week for the last term.

I think the clear pathway in the article may help kids keep on track providing they have good support.