Originally Posted by polarbear
My ds with DCD has challenges related to EF and organization that are attributed to his DCD - this is a common part of DCD for many people. The challenges had a huge impact in elementary and middle school, but by middle school I was able to work with him in a way that was meaningful and helped tremendously. He still has these types of challenges in high school but he's much better equipped now to deal with them thanks to a combination of maturity, increased self-awareness, and years of practice.

I have a dd who had vision issues that were remediated through vision therapy. She *looked* like she had ADHD when she was young, before VT, because she never sat still, was extremely fidgety, and had a sensory diagnosis. All of those things improved tremendously with vision therapy, so I wonder if it might be that your ds is still dealing with vision issues. FWIW, vision therapy made a huge improvement in my dd's vision, but she still works hard at keeping her eyes tracking etc. and has been through one necessary "redo" of vision therapy, again, successful, but not a "cure-all".

This is interesting - DS's fidgeting has decreased over the last year, and I think it is partly due to VT (probably also partly just getting older). I can tell when the optometrist examines him that his eye tracking is better - but he still doesn't have the stamina. I'm hoping they can keep working with him on that because, while his reading has improved, he still will read not longer than a few minutes at a time (although he does OK with comics/graphic novels).