Sorry for the thread necro, but I finally have something new to add here (had him tested in the WISC-V today). When I made the original post on here, my son was finishing up kindergarten and had not yet started first grade. In the past 15 months, he's finished first grade at the local public school and had a great time with it and made a lot of friends. Even though we knew that he would be under-challenged on certain tasks, it still felt meaningful to have him there in developing social skills and ability to work in a classroom structure.

Throughout the year, I continued to supplement his learning by teaching him math and it seems like the sky is the limit here. I will only do this about twice a week at 30-45 minute sessions and he just consumes the new material at speeds I would not expect a 7 year old to. Our most recent topic was solving a two variable, two equation system by elimination and this will be followed by the subsitution method. Reading wise, he is at about a fifth grade level, most recently completing the first two books of the Harry Potter series. In addition to more challenging reads, he also enjoys reading the Magic Treehouse series. I bought a 28 book boxed set that he finished in a few weeks.

Today I took him to get tested and apparently he did fairly well. The doc still has to send me a digital copy of the results, but from my recollection, it was an overall IQ of 147. There were 5 sub-scores (most of which I don't remember the names of), but his highest was a 151 in fluid reasoning, with three other sub-scores in the mid 140's range and a fifth score at 125. If this qualifies him for the Davidson Institute (which the doc actually mentioned) but I don't play on moving him to Nevada just to attend the school, is there still much to be gained for us looking into the institute? I haven't looked into what the Institute has the offer outside of its actual campus, but seems like there's a lot?

Thanks in advance for the advice.