As an outsider looking in, I don't envy American parents at this time - it seems very combative on all sides!

We have wonderfully banal politicians and so far the worst I've had to do was screen the news when someone through an inappropriate inanimate object at one of them.

However I was your daughter growing up - and I still manage to bore people to tears with talk of politics. May I suggest that until everything calms down a wee bit you could redirect her focus on historical political regimes from around the world. This will give her a broad context about how different emotions can affect politics. Go left, right and centre. Talk about Marx, Hitler, Mao etc. Let her see what extremisim in any form can do and also how people can force changes within political systems Ghandi etc.

I would probably even go so far to just say to her that a lot of the content about is inappropriate at the moment and you want to be able to screen it first and give her the relevant context to absorb it. She's obviously a smart kid and may even understand your logic.

Last edited by Mahagogo5; 07/22/16 07:34 PM.