I'm linking this thread (currently found in the "Learning Environments" forum) to the "College" forum, for the benefit of any future visitors who may look in the "College" forum to find discussion on this topic.

Originally Posted by Quantum2003
I think we might have had a prior discussion or two regarding the potential risks of earning too many college credits if the student decides to pursue admission at some of the more selective colleges. If anyone can access the links easily, please post them here as I can't seem to locate them. I believe the issue had to do with freshman admission versus transfer student admission.
This is summarized in a post on the old thread Community College Credit or AP better?: "... over the years several parents have cautioned that earning college credits may, in some cases, prevent a student from entering a college as a Freshman when it is their desire to enter as a Freshman. Rather they may be given Transfer Student status."
The sources summarized may have included discussions on other gifted forums and/or College Confidential. You may wish to check the websites of any colleges to which your child/ren may apply, regarding the institution's admissions and/or transfer policies, keeping in mind that these may change at any time.