Originally Posted by dusty
[quote=spaghetti][quote=dusty]
If one doesn't want to disclose this to a partner it friend, then sure. But to a school or employer that has to provide services, then I think yes the parent should have to. If a school has previously provided services then they should be able to state that in a kind of recommendation that is a school report being used to entice a school to take them on. It's misleading and dishonest IMO to do otherwise.

You know, if there were more explanation, I wouldn't mind. But it doesn't say what accommodations she's received. Nor does it say that she takes more advanced tests than the rest of the class or reads a novel and does a project on it every two weeks without any grade weighting.

I do not think it is dishonest to want to give the full information myself if they're only going to take the time to write five words. I'm glad I accepted the accommodations, but until she's really typing, she's not even getting that much out of them. If they had told me this at the beginning instead of saying "oh, even kids with allergies have 504, it's really no big deal," I might not have accepted them. At least not until she's typing.

It's not like teachers don't have to write recommendations.