So all of the doctors we've spoken to and half the teachers suggest we put our daughter in a Montessori school. They're just really negative on our public school district's ability to handle kids working above grade level or 2E kids. We're considering it. One thing I've noticed is that her report cards have "receives 504 accomodations for writing" on them. Well, okay, but she also gets above grade level work (not complaining) that only 1 other kid in the class gets. She does weekly projects that other kids don't do and takes tests over more difficult material.

I'm not complaining about that. But why is it okay to note that she gets accommodations (meaning she doesn't really deserve her grades) while not noting that she does more advanced work than the other kids in class do? She doesn't get higher grades--in fact, because she struggles with handwriting, her ELA grades are lower than the other kids, but she's assigned more work.

Is the 504 designation on the report card something that schools will look down on? We don't want to move her until she can 1) type very well and 2) advocate for herself--and she's coming along pretty well on both of those fronts. I'm just wondering if there is anything I could or should try to do about the report card situation before we start applying out.