Originally Posted by spaghetti
Originally Posted by dusty
I guess the difference is is that glasses, wheelchairs, and no hands are visible disabilities. Dyslexia and ADHD are not. IMO it's unfair to hide those from private schools or employers. I know many won't agree, but owners of a business or school should have a right to choose who works for them. Public schools do have a responsibility to teach all kids, though.

BTW I am dyslexic and I have never received accommodations as what I am capable of is what I am capable of.

The issue is more who does the disclosing. If you don't tell the school or employer, you can't expect accommodations. This school should not be telling anyone. It is up to the student/parents to disclose or not disclose. It's not up to the school.

If one doesn't want to disclose this to a partner it friend, then sure. But to a school or employer that has to provide services, then I think yes the parent should have to. If a school has previously provided services then they should be able to state that in a kind of recommendation that is a school report being used to entice a school to take them on. It's misleading and dishonest IMO to do otherwise.